Saturday, July 12, 2008

Evaluation Worship Service and Sermon by Y. Biju

Mr. Y. Biju conducted his Evaluation Worship Service and Sermon on wednesday July 09, 2008. The order of service was well prepared. The service started with the beautiful Malayalam invocation song: Ishwara Enne Nin Veenayakkoo, Nin Veenayil Enne Nin Ragamakkoo (God make me your lute and let me be your tune in it). Also he included a very meaningful commitment song, composed by Dan Schutte, a Jesuit priest, in 1979, based on Isaiah 6:8 and Samuel 3. The most popular part of the song is the refrain which goes like this:

Here I am Lord, Is it I Lord?
I have heard your calling in the night.
I will go Lord, if you lead me
I will hold your people in my heart.

The sermon was based on the text: John 13:1-17, the story of Jesus washing the disciples' feet. He has titled his sermon as: Foot washing: A Model of Christian Ministry. Before the Sermon there was a skit played by John Wilson and team to bring out the central theme of the service. Mr. Biju who hails from Kerala is a very quiet person, consciously participating in the various activities of the College. Before coming to theological studies he worked as a missionary. The rich experience he brings with him has made him a different type of leader, a follower of the Servant Jesus who came not to be served but to serve. Serving others is Spirituality is the message he has attempted to communicate with his life in Gurukul and the sermon he preached, a quiet revolution. He has joined Gurukul as a private candidate. Hope the Mar Thoma Church to which he belongs will make use of his talents and commitment in its ministry. He is now serving as the Thiruvalluvar Hostel Secretary. Sphere: Related Content

No comments: